Choose your Class
What are the responsibilities and proactive initiatives that guide employee relations (ER) professionals?
In this course, you'll learn techniques for conducting effective conversations, making ER decisions, and managing performance issues. You'll practice coaching, counseling, progressive discipline strategies, navigating different work styles, and communication skills, including effective ways to phrase language. You'll leave with an extensive toolkit and guides to apply directly to your work.
Key Course Takeaways
- Practice applying a framework for conducting conversations with managers and employees
- Gain techniques to work strategically with managers to solve problems and address ER issues
- Learn and practice a method for preparing managers for coaching and progressive discipline meetings
- Apply new concepts and skills through small and whole group case-study role plays, activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing of best practices
- Networking opportunities with peers and with ER experts
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
Supervisor Justification Letter
Download and complete this justification letter to make a case for funding your professional development with Cornell.