The ILR Review celebrates its 70th anniversary at the forefront of publishing peer-reviewed research on work and employment relations. The Review, published by SAGE Publications, is part of the Cornell University ILR School, which is regarded as the leading academic institution focused on the world of work.
We are dedicated to international and interdisciplinary research that advances new theory, presents novel empirical work, and informs organizational and public policy.
Call for Papers
A Special Issue on Inequality in the Workplace
- Editorial Essay: Introduction to a Special Issue on Inequality in the Workplace (“What Works?”)
Pamela S. Tolbert and Emilio J. Castilla
- Equality for Whom? Organizational Policies and the Gender Gap across the German Earnings Distribution
Matt L. Huffman, Joe King, and Malte Reichelt
- Mandating Change: The Impact of Court-Ordered Policy Changes on Managerial Diversity
Elizabeth Hirsh and Youngjoo Cha
- Gender Sorting and the Glass Ceiling in High-Tech Firms
Roberto M. Fernandez and Santiago Campero
- Lasting Effects? Referrals and Career Mobility of Demographic Groups in Organizations
Jennifer Merluzzi and Adina Sterling
- The Effect of the External Labor Market on the Gender Pay Gap among Executives
Cristina Quintana-García and Marta M. Elvira
- Gender Diversity on U.S. Corporate Boards: Are We Running in Place?
Catherine H. Tinsley, James B. Wade, Brian G. M. Main, and Charles A. O’Reilly
- Women at Work: Women’s Access to Power and the Gender Earnings Gap
Anja-Kristin Abendroth, Silvia Melzer, Alexandra Kalev, and Donald Tomaskovic-Devey
- The View at the Top or Signing at the Bottom? Workplace Diversity Responsibility and Women's Representation in Management
Mary E. Graham, Maura A. Belliveau, and Julie L. Hotchkiss
- Global Inequality: A New Approach for the Age of Globalization
By Branko Milanovic. Reviewed by Marshall I. Steinbaum.
- Labour and Transnational Action in Times of Crisis
Edited by Andreas Bieler, Roland Erne, Darragh Golden, Idar Helle, Knut Kjeldstadli, Tiago Matos, and Sabrina Stan. Reviewed by Ines Wagner.
- Transforming Relationships for High Performance: The Power of Relational Coordination
By Jody Hoffer Gittel. Reviewed by Timothy J. Vogus.
- Finding Time: The Economics of Work-Life Conflict
By Heather Boushey. Reviewed by Jerry A. Jacobs.
- Beyond the Beat: Musicians Building Community in Nashville
By Daniel B. Cornfield. Reviewed by Ann Markusen.