Schedule & Details
Understanding the impact and importance of employment laws in the context of your daily work is critical to your success.
In this course, you will review best practices for understanding, identifying, preventing, and managing employee-related issues that have potential legal concerns. You will gain up-to-date information on employment laws and court cases on employment practices. You'll also engage with case scenarios to apply practical implications of those laws on policies and day-to-day operations.
Key Course Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions related to legal issues and policies
- Identify questions to ask about potential legal issues and their relationships to policies
- Discuss the impact of recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Discuss case scenarios with practical implications of the laws in day-to-day HR operations
- Review best practices and cases from employment lawyers
- Apply new concepts and skills through small and whole group case-study role plays, activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing of best practices
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.