Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Skills in interpersonal communication are directly linked to the quality of our lives both in and out of the work environment. The course will focus on how to develop these skills to improve the effectiveness of your communication relationships and enhance the quality of your life.
- Understanding how commercial media cover workers and work
- Learning how to develop a compelling message for workers
- How to deliver your message to targeted audiences--and how to equip fellow workers with crucial skills in spreading the word
- How to plan a media campaign
- How to evaluate the success of your media efforts
APPROACH AND FEATURES
The class will be highly participatory along with a focus on the most crucial readings on effective communications for working people. Each week will be devoted to class discussions on problems and potentials for communication, accompanied by relevant readings and videos.