Choose your Class
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable. Learning and applying key problem-solving skills can help you make conflict more manageable for everyone.
In this course, you'll learn techniques, tools, processes, and skills for facilitating conflict using a collaborative problem-solving approach for resolving one-on-one conflicts. Topics and tools focus on problem solving, listening and messaging skills, conflict styles, neutral issue statements, de-escalating emotions, developing options, and facilitating and gaining commitment.
It is recommended to take CO251 Effective Employee Relations before taking this workshop.
Key Course Takeaways
- Understand and apply methods and tools for problem solving and resolving one-on-one conflicts
- Focus on listening to gain clarity, navigate conflict styles, identify issues, develop options, gain commitment, and follow through
- Learn how to identify skills capacity and develop employee problem-solving conflict skills
- Apply new skills and participate in networking through virtual breakout rooms
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
Supervisor Justification Letter
Download and complete this justification letter to make a case for funding your professional development with Cornell.