Choose your Class
Schedule & Details
Creating and sustaining a positive work environment is a core responsibility of HR. Through proactive initiatives, HR practitioners can guide managers and work with employees on addressing employee issues and concerns. This highly interactive workshop delivers a practice-based approach for managing employee relations within your organization. Applying realistic and common workplace challenges, this two-day workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills to:
- Incorporate employee relations competencies and techniques
- Identify and learn how to address employee concerns
- Practice coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline strategies
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Understanding the role of employee relations as it applies to an HR Professional
- Providing guidance and support about organizational policies and practices
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with managers and employees
- Working strategically with managers to problem-solve and address employee relations issues
- Collaborating and consulting with colleagues and other areas of expertise, including legal
- Conducting effective conversations
- Recognizing different working styles and preferences
- Guiding managers through the coaching, counseling and progressive discipline processes
- Partnering on Performance Improvement Plans and Terminations
- Managing complex employee issues and complaints
- Promoting and maintaining positive employee relations
Who Will Benefit
HR professionals who have recently acquired responsibility for employee relations in their organizations. Also, HR professionals who are new to the employee relations area, have had limited employee relations responsibilities, or have assumed this function in addition to other duties.
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.
Susan Brecher, Esq., Director of Employee Relations and Investigations at Cornell ILR’s Human Capital Develop and Executive Education programs, offers insight into how best to communicate the scope of confidentiality and the impact you can make on the employee.