6 Required Workshops
Register for individual workshops to fit your schedule
Time to Complete
Time participants have to complete the entire certificate program
Designed to equip professionals with the skills needed to flourish in the changing workplace. Begin to collaborate across your organization with a deep understanding of the worker perspective. Learn how the modern workplace utilizes HR and its intersection with employment law, leadership skills, negotiation techniques, labor relations, and DEI practices.
- Employment and EEO Laws: Explore the scope of current employment laws and best practices for understanding, identifying, preventing, and managing employee-related issues that have potential legal concerns. Understand key areas that impact day-to-day operations (or employer and employee rights and responsibilities) such as discrimination/harassment protections, family and medical leaves, compensation, labor relations, workplace safety, and privacy. Develop the skills to identify potential legal issues and recognize when to seek advice.
- The Basics of Human Resources: Explore HR best practices and how they contribute to organizational success.. Learn about recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, performance management, training and development, compensation and benefits, and employee engagement.
- Leadership Skills for Success: Become an effective leader through practicing effective communication techniques, decision-making strategies, and problem-solving approaches. Motivate and inspire teams, foster a positive work culture, and lead through change.
- Negotiation Skills for the Workplace: Get hands-on practice with negotiation techniques to navigate complex HR and labor relations situations and resolve everyday conflicts. Learn strategies for effective negotiation, including collaborative problem-solving, building rapport, active listening, and dealing with difficult negotiators.
- Labor Relations: Learn how unions form, their historical context, how they operate, and how to establish a productive labor-management relationship.
- Applying DEI to Work: Explore the fundamental principles of DEI, address unconscious bias, promote inclusivity, and create a culture of belonging. Integrate DEI into recruitment, talent development, and employee engagement practices.
The Future of Work Certificate program takes place in-person in New York City and offers a blend of interactive workshops, case studies, and practical exercises to enhance learning and application. The program can be completed in 18 months.
Benefits of The Future of Work Certificate:
- Develop a strong foundation in HR management, leadership, negotiation, labor relations, and DEI practices.
- Gain knowledge and skills to recognize legal concerns in the context of your daily work.
- Enhance your leadership capabilities to drive HR initiatives and foster a positive work culture.
- Acquire negotiation skills to handle conflicts and reach mutually beneficial outcomes effectively.
- Understand the future of labor relations in US workplaces and what it is like to operate in a union environment.
- Receive a recognized certificate upon successful completion, highlighting your expertise in HR and leadership.
Who Should Enroll?
The Future of Work Certificate is designed for professionals, managers, team leaders, and individuals seeking to advance their HR knowledge, leadership skills, conflict resolution competency; and understanding of legal and DEI considerations.