Choose your Class
Sharpen your negotiation skills through two immersive days of negotiation practice with role-plays, and simulations. Explore your negotiation biases, strengths, and weaknesses and build your negotiation competency and competence. Uncover the underlying needs and interests driving negotiations, and feel confident crafting lasting agreements. Starting with simple, one-on-one negotiations of everyday situations, you'll progress to more complex group negotiations, including informal and formal workplace negotiation situations.
Key Course Takeaways
- Delve into the fundamental building blocks of negotiation theory and practice. Learn how to plan your approach and strategy, using effective communications techniques throughout the negotiation.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of when and how to utilize either competitive or collaborative negotiation techniques, adapting your approach to address the diverse variety of workplace negotiation situations.
- Gain insight into your conflict tendencies and styles through personalized feedback from a proven conflict style instrument. Explore techniques for building trust and rapport throughout negotiations.
Who Should Enroll
- HR and labor relations professionals
- Managers and executives working in a union environment
- Attorneys involved in collective bargaining
- Union officials involved in collective bargaining
“If taking this class as part of the Advanced Skills for Managing Workplace Conflict certificate, the eCornell Conflict Resolution Certificate is required to be completed prior to starting this course.”
Supervisor Justification Letter
Download and complete this justification letter to make a case for funding your professional development with Cornell.