Completion of the Advanced Diversity, Equity and Inclusion certificate plus addition course work
Time to Complete
Time participants have to complete the entire certificate program
This certification provides experienced professionals with an opportunity to promote individual growth and organizational success through deeper knowledge, honed skills and additional DEI strategies.
Requirements for CCDP Certification
- Must demonstrate a minimum of two years of experience as a DEI professional.
- Complete the Cornell Certified Diversity Professional Application and receive approval for the program.
- Complete the Advanced Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Certificate program.
- Complete additional workshop: Effective Employee Resource Groups (DV120) and Generational Differences at Work (LD255)
- Pass an online exam and participate in a required teleconference exam review session (see below).
- Complete a DEI project (see below).
Review Session and Exam
- The 3-hour mandatory review session is conducted by Zoom.
- The 2.5-hour exam will consist of both multiple choice and essay questions. The exam is provided via email to each individual participant.
- It is a closed book exam.
- It is confidential and should not be shared with anyone.
- It tests only the workshops that are part of the Advanced DEI Certificate.
- The required additional workshops must be completed prior to submitting the final DEI project.
- The exam can be taken prior to completing the required additional workshops.
- You must register for the review session and exam with ILR Customer Service at email@example.com no later than 30 days prior to the exam and within five months of receiving the Advanced DEI Certificate.
- A project proposal must be submitted and approved within one month of completing the exam.
- The project must be on a current issue in DEI and related to the DEI work at an organization or in private practice. It should demonstrate the application and integration of the key learnings from the workshops in the certification program.
- The project must be submitted within 3 months after receiving a passing grade on the exam. Final projects will be Approved or Not Approved. See the Cornell Certified Diversity Professional Certification Project Guidelines.
- The certification review session, exam and project approval is $1000.
- A one-time retake of the exam is $500.