Diversity and Inclusion Education and Training (DV350)
The cornerstone of effective diversity training is ensuring that management and employees have an experience that raises awareness through self-discovery, changing behaviors by identifying strengths and gaps and committing to change, assessing your organizational audience and applying the appropriate learning and development strategies. Increasingly, when diversity training is developed improperly, it is fraught with legal risk and may cause backlash and produce negative impact. This program will provide best practices and ways to create the right training for your organization.
Enhance your skills in developing and delivering diversity training by exploring:
- Methods for identifying and planning diversity training needs
- Training techniques, models and ideas that get diversity messages across
- Critical facilitation and delivery skills for successful diversity training and information dissemination
Approach and Features
During this two-day fully participative workshop, participants have many opportunities to apply their learning and skills through group discussions, team facilitation and delivery content topics, and critique and feedback on facilitation and training plans.
- Diversity awareness training
- Training needs assessment
- Diversity skills training
- Deciding whether training is the right intervention
- Building support for training and minimizing resistance
- Developing the training plan
- Inclusive training practices
- Dealing effectively with the difficult issues (e.g., race, gender, sexual orientation, unearned privilege)
- Avoiding the blame game
- Legal issues in diversity training
- Blended learning
- Evaluating success and minimizing failure
- Emerging issues in diversity training
- Managing training consultants
Who Will Benefit
HR, Trainers, L&D Professionals, EEO/AA, diversity managers, consultants, and anyone with responsibility for training.
See more workshops on Diversity and Inclusion.
Instructors for Sep 27-28, 2018
Select another date to see its instructors.
David Ciliberto, Founder of David Ciliberto Enterprises, is an independent human resources consultant with over 25 years of experience in human resources. Mr. Ciliberto focuses on diversity and inclusion, learning and development, management coaching and career transition. Throughout his years in HR, he has developed, designed and facilitated training programs around diversity and inclusion, ERG leadership, team building, supervisory, leadership and talent acquisition. He has held roles at financial services firms including UBS, Credit Suisse, HSBC, The Prudential and American Express. While at UBS, he ran D&I for the America’s supporting the Executive D&I Council and all ERGs. Additionally, Mr. Ciliberto has consulted with and has done speaking engagements for ION Media, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC nonprofit) The Howard Center, VT, CUNY, Montclair State University. Mr. Ciliberto also consults with Jennifer Brown Consulting supporting her clients around D&I Strategy, D&I Councils and ERGs. In addition to his Adjunct Instructor role at Cornell ILR, he works part time at Partners International as the SVP of Client Services and Career Transition.