Schedule & Details
Understanding the impact and importance of EEO laws in the context of your daily work is critical to your success.
In this course, you will discuss EEO/affirmative action laws and obligations of employers; recent legislation and court decisions; guidelines; compliance agencies' interpretations; and the impact of EEO laws on an organization's policies, procedures, and day-to-day operations. Online networking opportunities will be available.
Key Course Takeaways
- Examine the scope of employment laws that impact organizations, including strategies and preventive actions related to legal issues and policies
- Identify questions to ask about potential legal issues and their relationships to policies
- Discuss the impact of recent legislation and court cases defining employer-employee rights and obligations
- Discuss case scenarios with practical implications of the laws in day-to-day HR operations
- Review best practices and cases from employment lawyers
- Apply new concepts and skills through small and whole group case-study role plays, activities with feedback, discussions, Q&A, and sharing of best practices
Who Should Enroll
- Entry-level to senior HR professionals
- Global HR managers
- Employee relations managers
- Generalists seeking to move into a specialized role
- EEO, compliance and security professionals conducting internal employee-related investigations
See more workshops on Diversity and Inclusion.
See more workshops on Employee Relations, Internal Investigations and Employment Law Workshops.
See more workshops on Employment Law.