Choose your Class
Schedule & Details
Interest-based bargaining frames negotiations in terms of shared problem to solve-resolving each party's underlying issues, needs and concerns. This workshop provides a systematic process for putting interest-based negotiation principles into practice in collective bargaining, grievance handling, and day-to-day conflicts. You will assess how organizations' bargaining practices can be more effective in reaching lasting agreements that improve the working relationship.
- Learn techniques to generate creative options to solve tough problems
- Learn to use frameworks to incorporate problem-solving into bargaining
- Learn discussion processes that surface underlying needs and interests
Approach and Features
Role-play, group work and case studies will develop skills for assessing bargaining interests and joint problem solving. Video simulations will demonstrate how to frame interests as opposed to positions during bargaining.
- Effective issue discussion processess
- Information gathering and benchmarking strategies
- Using the negotiation process to create innovative contract language
- Buidling a productive, ongoing labor-management relationship