Choose your Class
Schedule & Details
Examine the roles culture and diversity play in conflict and conflict resolution. Participants will learn to understand how differences are perceived in conflict exchanges. Activities focus on extensive self-reflection regarding social identity, intersectionality, and cross-cultural communication techniques to enhance conflict resolution. Dispute resolution methods, perception process and attribution theory are key discussion points.
This workshop provides a detailed examination of the roles culture and identity play in conflict and conflict resolution. Participants will learn to understand, anticipate and engage with cultural and identity differences in conflict exchanges. Discussions and workshop activities will focus on a deep understanding of self and other, as well as cross-cultural communication techniques to enhance conflict resolution.
- Dispute resolution methods in the context of culture and identity
- World views of cultural differences
- Communication/perception process
- Culture, values and conflict
If there is a highly experienced professional, we will consider an established set of pre-work in place of the certificate that includes materials from the certificate program. This is to ensure there is shared language and approaches once they enter the course.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the roles that culture and identity play in conflict and conflict resolution
- Learn to understand, anticipate, and engage with cultural and identity differences
- Focus on self-reflection and cross-cultural communication techniques to enhance conflict resolution
- Social Identity Profile
- Mapping of Cultural Context with Approach to Challenging Conversations
- Checking Your Perception Using the Ladder of Inference
- Preparation Questions for Value-based Conflict
- How to Model and Encourage Engagement in Challenging Conversations