Choose your Class
Effective March 16, 2020, the educational programs scheduled to be delivered at our New York City facility will be moved to virtual delivery, where possible, or rescheduled. For those programs that do not lend themselves to a distance-education format, we will postpone them until we receive guidance from the University and public health officials that it is safe to hold those programs in-person. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We will provide updates as they become available from the University.
Schedule & Details
Workplace conversations on difficult topics can easily become unproductive. This workshop teaches strategies for planning and having challenging conversations. Classroom simulations and role-plays address techniques for de-escalation and managing emotional exchanges
- Build your skills to productively approach conflict
- Learn how to prepare and practice having difficult conversations
- Define next steps and follow-up needed after challenging conversations
Approach and Features
Managing Difficult and Heated Conversations is a highly interactive, practice-based workshop. Participants will apply techniques through role playing and other live simulations. Techniques include creating personal emotional boundaries while supporting constructive conversation.
- Strategies for designing and faciliating conversations that maintain civility and foster positive outcomes
- Intervention techniques for negative or destructive conversations
- Tools to prevent conversation escalation and to shift the conversation dynamic