Buffalo Co-Lab to Host High Road Policy Summit
The Cornell University ILR Buffalo Co-Lab will hold its first High Road Policy Summit, “Creating an Equitable Economy and a Democratic Community,” from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on May 14.
The event will convene stakeholders from government, community-based organizations, labor, academia and the private sector to explore policies and strategies for a fair and just economy that benefits all New Yorkers.
The event will be held virtually and is free and open to the public.
Recent innovative policy proposals in the areas of racial equity, economic development, and worker ownership and control will be discussed in panels including:
Building Institutions for Racial Equity and Social Justice
- Crystal Peoples-Stokes, New York State Assembly majority leader
- Courtney McCluney, ILR School assistant professor
Fighting Low Road Economic Development
- Dania Rajendra, director of Athena
- Ron Kim, New York State Assembly member
Supporting Worker-Owned and Worker-Controlled Enterprises
- Jonathan Johnsen, Creighton, Johnsen & Giroux
- Sean M. Ryan, New York State Senate member
- David Rivera, Buffalo Common Council member
- Andrew Delmonte, director of Cooperation Buffalo
For a full schedule and to register, please visit: https://discover.ilr.cornell.edu/high-road-policy-summit/