EXPLORE ILR Careers offers terrific opportunities for employers to support ILR students' career interests while increasing their brand presence on campus. Through these programs ILR students can expect to:
- Engage with alumni or organizations invested in ILRies
- eXamine potential career paths
- Participate in the workplace up close and personal
- Learn to apply their academic courses in practical work settings
- Observe the day-to-day activities of sponsors and organizations
- Reflect on their experiences and how they relate to career interests
- Enhance their understanding of particular organizations or career fields
The Field Shadowing Program is designed primarily for first-year undergraduate ILR students (freshmen and transfer students). It is a one-day shadowing program that provides an invaluable opportunity for participants to explore diverse ILR-related career fields, gain firsthand work exposure, and network with alumni/sponsors.
Career Exploration Project is designed specifically for sophomores, juniors, seniors, and first-year MILRs. Opportunities typically last two to three weeks and are intended for participants to explore a particular industry to develop on-the-job experience through a short-term assignment with a project sponsor.