We provide support through one-on-one advising sessions, group presentations and workshops, networking opportunities, and ways to connect with employers in a variety of fields. Whether you are a first-year student just starting to think about careers or a master’s student with 10 years of experience (and literally everyone in between), we are here to discuss any career-related topic with you.
- Learning about yourself and your interests: What inspires you? What are your strengths? What are your values?
- Exploring career options: What types of careers even exist? How do your strengths and interests intersect with them?
- Career interest and personality assessments
- Graduate and professional school planning
- Job and internship search strategies
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Connecting with alumni and other professionals
- Communication with employers
- Practice interviews (behavioral and case)
- Assessing and negotiating offers
Our advisors support you in all phases of your career development. All appointments are currently offered through Zoom (if you need other accommodations, add a note when you schedule your session).
If you have trouble finding a time that fits your schedule, email email@example.com for assistance.
Access career-related resources, tips and interactive content.
Use Handshake to find internships and full-time opportunities, and search for career-related workshops and events.
Gain Experience and Develop Skills
As an ILRie, you have access to amazing opportunities to gain hands-on experience and learn about careers!
Learn about a variety of career fields by shadowing alumni and engaging in short-term projects with employers.
ILR offers you a wide range of opportunities to study and intern internationally, gaining a global perspective.
ILR juniors and seniors can apply for full-time professional internship experiences at a wide range of organizations while receiving a full semester’s credit.
Search for on-campus and community job opportunities in a wide range of roles.
Engage in academic-year and summer fellowships and research activities.
Support the causes that matter most to you while developing transferable skills.
ILR Career Outcomes
Undergraduate and graduate students who study in the ILR School develop diverse transferable skills and engage in a wide variety of experiences and careers.