The MILR degree requires a minimum of 48 credit hours, encompassing at least 16 courses comprised of 6 core courses, 6 concentration courses and elective courses.*
6 required core courses:
- ILRLR 5000 Labor Relations
- ILRLR 5010 Labor and Employment Law
- ILRST 5110 Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences
- ILROB 5200 Organizational Behavior
- ILRLE 5400 Labor Economics
- ILRHR 5600 Human Resource Management
*Courses offered by the ILR School and the 14 other colleges at Cornell provide an opportunity for cross-disciplinary work.
Courses taken toward fulfillment of the MILR degree requirements must meet all of the following criteria:
- 5000 level or above
- Taken for a letter grade (pass/fail and S/U grade option courses do not count)
- Final course grade must be C or above
- 3 or more credits. Courses that carry less than 3 credits do not count unless combined with another less-than-three credit course. Such instances will count as 1 course and must be taken for credit.