People at ILR
Hassan EnayatiResearch Associate, Institute for Compensation Studies
Hassan Enayati is a labor economist in the ILR School at Cornell University. He holds joint appointments within the Yang-Tan Institute and the Institute on Compensation Studies. Hassan is the Assistant Executive Director of the Institute for Compensation Studies. He received his B.A. and M.S. in Economics from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and his Ph.D. in Economics from Michigan State University with a doctoral specialization in the economics of education.
Hassan’s research with relies on the methodological approaches developed in labor economics and, more broadly, applied microeconomics to examine employment and compensation questions including disability gaps, executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, school-to-work transitions, and involvement with the criminal justice system. He serves as Research Director for a federally-funded $33.5 M randomized-control trial, NYS PROMISE, which aims to improve the well-being of youth receiving Supplemental Security Income by engaging them in work-based opportunities and related services as they transition from high school to post-secondary lives within their communities.
Hassan leads the student research mentoring program at the Institute on Compensation Studies. This program offers students from across Cornell University interdisciplinary research, classroom, and internship community opportunities focused on probing and analyzing the full spectrum of issues and challenges surrounding monetary and non-monetary rewards from work.
- Hassan Enayati, Arun Karpur. 2018. Impact of Participation in School-to-Work Programs on Postsecondary Outcomes for Youth with Disabilities from Low-Income Families, Journal of Disability Policy Studies . 29(4):235-244.
- Connecting Practices to Outcomes: Lessons from the Federal Sector. Presented to NARRTC. Washington DC. 2019.
- Evaluating the Complex: Approach to Implementation Evaluation in Transition to Adulthood Programs. Presented to Division on Career Development and Transition. Milwaukee, WI. 2017.
- CEO Ownership, Complexity in Performance Pay, and Firm Performance. Presented to NHH Norwegian School of Economics. Oslo, Norway. 2017.
- Understanding the Effect of Changes in Workforce Characteristics and Expectations on Workplace Accommodations Across Industries. Presented to Labor and Employment Relations Association. Minneapolis, MN. 2016.
- TSR, Executive Compensation, and Firm Performance. Presented to University of St Andrews. St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK. 2016.