People at ILR
Hassan EnayatiResearch Associate, Institute for Compensation Studies
Hassan Enayati joined the School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University in June 2014. Hassan holds joint appointments as a Research Associate within the Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability and the Institute for Compensation Studies. His research examines the employment of individuals with disabilities with a particular focus on the transition of youth into the workplace. He also serves as a student research mentor on projects addressing compensation and as a lecturer of labor economics.
Hassan obtained his Ph.D. in economics from Michigan State University with a doctoral specialization in the economics of education. His dissertation research relied on the methodological approaches developed in labor economics and, more broadly, applied microeconomics to examine the impact of elementary and secondary school policies on inequalities in special education outcomes. This research was funded through an Economics of Education Program Fellowship under the Institute for Education Sciences.
- Hassan Enayati, Arun Karpur. 2018. Impact of Participation in School-to-Work Programs on Postsecondary Outcomes for Youth with Disabilities from Low-Income Families, Journal of Disability Policy Studies . 29(4):235-244.
- Connecting Practices to Outcomes: Lessons from the Federal Sector. Presented to NARRTC. Washington DC. 2019.
- Evaluating the Complex: Approach to Implementation Evaluation in Transition to Adulthood Programs. Presented to Division on Career Development and Transition. Milwaukee, WI. 2017.
- CEO Ownership, Complexity in Performance Pay, and Firm Performance. Presented to NHH Norwegian School of Economics. Oslo, Norway. 2017.
- Understanding the Effect of Changes in Workforce Characteristics and Expectations on Workplace Accommodations Across Industries. Presented to Labor and Employment Relations Association. Minneapolis, MN. 2016.
- TSR, Executive Compensation, and Firm Performance. Presented to University of St Andrews. St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland, UK. 2016.