Devon ProudfootAssistant Professor
Devon Proudfoot is an Assistant Professor of Human Resource Studies in the ILR School at Cornell University. Dr. Proudfoot's research examines stereotyping and discrimination, how creativity is evaluated, and the fundamental motives underlying employees' organizational attitudes and behaviors.
Her work has been published in journals such as Psychological Science, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Journal of Applied Psychology, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, and Research in Organizational Behavior.
Prior to joining the faculty at Cornell, Devon Proudfoot completed her PhD in Management and Organizations at Duke University. She also holds a MSc In Social Psychology from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a BA in Psychology from McGill University.
- Devon Proudfoot, Sean Fath. 2020. Signaling Creative Genius: How Perceived Social Connectedness Influences Judgments of Creative Potential, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin . (DOI:10.1177/0146167220936061)
- Devon Proudfoot, Aaron C. Kay. 2018. How perceptions of one’s organization can affect perceptions of the self: Membership in a stable organization can sustain individuals’ sense of control, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology . (DOI:10.1016/j.jesp.2018.01.004)
- Min B. Kay, Devon Proudfoot, Richard P. Larrick. 2018. There’s No Team in I: How observers perceive individual creativity in a team setting., Journal of Applied Psychology . (DOI:10.1037/apl0000270)
- Sean Fath, Devon Proudfoot, Aaron C. Kay. 2017. Effective to a Fault: Organizational structure predicts attitudes toward minority organizations., Journal of Experimental Social Psychology . (DOI:10.1016/j.jesp.2017.10.003)
- Devon Proudfoot, Aaron C. Kay, Heather Mann. 2015. Motivated employee blindness: The impact of labor market instability on judgment of organizational inefficiencies, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes . 130:108-122. (DOI:10.1016/j.obhdp.2015.06.008)
- Devon Proudfoot, Aaron C. Kay, Christy Z. Koval. 2015. A Gender Bias in the Attribution of Creativity: Archival and Experimental Evidence for the Perceived Association Between Masculinity and Creative Thinking, Psychological Science . 26(11):1751-1761. (DOI:10.1177/0956797615598739)
- Devon Proudfoot, Aaron C. Kay. 2014. System justification in organizational contexts: How a Motivated preference for the status quo can affect organizational attitudes and behaviors, . 34:173-187. (DOI:10.1016/j.riob.2014.03.001)
- Kristin Laurin, Aaron C. Kay, Devon Proudfoot, Gavan J. Fitzsimons. 2013. Response to restrictive policies: Reconciling system justification and psychological reactance, Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes . 122(2):152-162. (DOI:10.1016/j.obhdp.2013.06.004)
- Devon Proudfoot, E. Allan Lind. 2014. Fairness Heuristic Theory, the Uncertainty Management Model, and Fairness at Work.. in Oxford Handbook of Justice in Work Organizations . Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2014. M. Ambrose & R. Cropanzano. (371 – 385)
- Steven Shepherd, Devon Proudfoot. 2017. System Justification. in The SAGE Encyclopedia of Political Behavior. 2017. F. M. Moghaddam .
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, GDO Division, Academy of Management . 2015
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, GDO Division, Academy of Management . 2014