- Drafted a Memorandum of Understanding for a maintenance agreement between PUSH and the City of Buffalo.
- Drafted a grant application, for PUSH, to the United States Soccer Federation for funds to construct a soccer field on a derelict city park.
- Developed a prototype community garden program for students of the Frank A. Sedita Academy (P.S. 30), coordinating with the school to continue a summer program in which 5 to 15 7th and 8th grade students maintain the garden on a daily basis.
- Assisted in organizing and running the community gardening program for West Side youths.
- Organized youth members of the West Side immigrant community to attend a soccer clinic.
- Canvassed throughout the West Side to convince residents to come to a hearing hosted by the Public Service Commission on National Fuel’s Conservation Incentive Program.
"The experience was absolutely wonderful. Lou Jean did an amazing job exposing us to interesting and influential people all over Buffalo. And it was an honor working with PUSH; they are really doing a wonderful job empowering folks on the West Side. The program was wonderful and I can honestly say that my expectations were exceeded."
"John was integral in turning a vacant lot into an intentional and organic community space for youth in the community. He was able to embed this space in the minds of the people and it rings true today. He showed great skills as an organizer."