Cornell Certified Diversity Professional/Advanced Practitioner (CCDP/AP)
In response to the growing complexity and depth of the field, ILR developed the Cornell Certified Diversity Professional/Advanced Practitioner (CCDP/AP) Program. This certification provides experienced professionals with an opportunity to promote individual growth and organizational success through deeper knowledge, honed skills and additional D&I strategies.
For CCDP/AP Certification
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of experience as a D&I professional.
- Complete the CCDP-AP Application.pdf (PDF, 2 MB) and receive approval for the program.
- Complete the Diversity and Inclusion Professionals Certificate program.
- Complete the Advanced Diversity and Inclusion Strategies (DV320) and 1 additional D&I workshop.
- Pass an online exam and participate in a required teleconference exam review session. (See below)
- Complete a D&I project. (See below)
- Must complete an additional 6 hours of D&I continuing education training during the year of completing all of CCDP/AP requirements. See the CCDP/AP Continuing Education Guidelines.
Review Session and Exam
- The 3 hour mandatory review session is conducted by a conference call.
- The 2.5 hour exam will consist of both multiple choice and essay questions. The exam is provided via email to each individual participant.
- It is a closed book exam.
- It is confidential and should not be shared with anyone.
- It tests only the workshops that are part of the D&I Professional Certificate.
- The exam can be taken prior to completing the required additional workshops.
- You must register for the review session and exam with ILR Customer Service at email@example.com no later than 30 days prior to the exam and within 6 months of receiving the D&I Professional Certificate.
- The project must be on a current issue in D&I and related to the D&I work at an organization or in private practice. It should demonstrate the application and integration of the key learnings from the workshops in the certification program.
- The project must be submitted within 3 months after receiving a passing grade on the exam. Final projects will be Approved or Not Approved. See the CCDP/AP Certification Project Guidelines.
- The certification review session, exam and project approval is $1000.
- A one-time retake of the exam is $500.
To learn more about this program, please contact: