Wigdor LLP in New York City is a dynamic and diversified legal practice with a unique focus on employment law. Wigdor represents employers and individual executives, as well as current and former employees in all types of employment law matters. These attorneys are highly experienced in the successful litigation of class action, multi-plaintiff and individual plaintiff discrimination and employment-related lawsuits.
The intern will work alongside the firm’s paralegals and associates during all phases of the litigation process. Their primary responsibilities include assisting in the following:
- draft and file court pleadings in state and federal courts
- organize client documents and prepare document productions, including review, bates stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents
- assist with trial and deposition preparation
- compile and organize exhibits, files and all supporting documents
- coordinate trial set-up logistics and assist attorneys during courtroom proceedings
- conduct document and factual research by running searches on internal and external databases and systems, and other source
- The intern will also be given the opportunity to sit in on depositions, mediations and court appearances
Excellent organization and efficiency skills are required, coupled with the ability to take ownership of various tasks until completion. Due to the demanding nature of the role, a strong work ethic and attention to detail are essential. Intern must be equipped with a high level of writing, proofreading and analytical skills. The intern must possess the ability to work as a team player and have the capacity to work in a high-pressured and fast-paced environment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Inquire with Brigid Beachler, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit cover letter and resume.