Professional programs (courses and classes) are listed on the Public Offerings Page, Program Calendar, and in Manual course listing blocks throughout the website. This documentation will explain how that happens and how you as a course admin can manage related information.
A course is a general description of a program, including title, course number, course description, and price.
A class is a specific session of the course, including date, location, and instructors - information that changes from one session to the next. In some cases, information that is specified for a course can be overridden for a specific class; for example the price might be different for one of the class sessions.
The information listed on the website is stored in two places:
- the registration system, called SDC, and
- on the website in Drupal.
To have a program display on the web you must follow these steps, which are described in detail in the other sections:
- A course admin provides Jasminy (email@example.com) with certain course and class information, and she adds it to SDC.
- A nightly process runs automatically to import course and class information into Drupal. (This can also be run manually at any time if the program on the website needs to be updated before the next day. Contact the Web Team if you need it to be run manually.)
- A course admin completes additional steps in Drupal: