HTML blocks are used throughout the site to display content in regions other than the main body. Typically they are placed in the Sidebar region. They are best used for reusable content such as contact info. Here's an example:
In order to add a HTML block to your page you have to know the name/label of one already created or create a new one.
Create a new HTML Block
- Hover over the Content link in the black Drupal menu bar
- Hover over Add Block
- Click on HTML
- Add a Label, which will be used when you add it to your page
- Add an optional Title, which will be used at the top of the block as a header
- Add the Content using the editor (drag the small triangle on bottom right to make the window taller if needed)
Add a HTML Block to a Page
- Edit your page
- Below the Body field, find the Sidebar region field (this region is on the right of the page for wide screens or below the main content on narrow screens and mobile devices)
- Type in the name of the HTML block you want to add. It will auto-populate.
- You can have more than one and then you can reorder them using the four-sided arrow and then drag-drop
Edit an Existing Block on a Page
- Don't Edit the page
- Hover over the Block on the page and click on the Gear
- Click "Edit Block"
- Edit the Content using the editor (drag the small triangle on bottom right to make the window taller if needed)