The University of Warwick is one of the UK's leading universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation, and for links with business and industry. It is a member of the Russell Group, which represents the 24 leading universities in the UK; it is consistently ranked in the top 10 of all major UK League Tables; and it is ranked in the top 20 of the World’s MOST International Universities by The Time’s Higher Education.
The ILR-University of Warwick student exchange is with the Warwick Business School (WBS). In under 50 years, WBS has become one of the world's elite business schools providing top-class programmes for ambitious people. WBS is led by innovation, creativity, and change, and engages with the big debates in business and public policy.
Program Terms and Dates
Fall, Spring, Spring and Summer, or Academic Year
Note that orientation dates may not be included.
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take courses across various departments within the Warwick Business School. In come cases, students can arrange to take one course outside of the business school if desired.
- Students must enroll in a full course load while abroad (equivalent to 15 credit hours per semester). At Warwick, ILR students must enroll in five full-time courses (a total of 60 CATS) per semester.
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits per semester (additional credit cannot be earned for attending the summer term).
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
- This exchange program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School).
- Financial aid would apply; if you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
- ILR exchange students are responsible for the following expenses: passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, course fees (if applicable), books, and personal expenses.
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of the UK may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply
Application deadline for Spring 2019 study: September, 30th, 2018, by midnight.
1. Make an appointment.
Interested students must meet with Tamara Ingram, Assistant Director ILR International Programs, to discuss plans and eligibility. To make an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Complete online application (for Spring 2019 study only).
You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
Please note that you can only apply the semester prior to your intended semester abroad.