The Rovira i Virgili University (URV) is a young and dynamic university located in Southern Catalonia, one of the most important tourist regions in Europe. Open to the world and at the service of society, the URV maintains a close relationship with the socioeconomic fabric of its region. URV is a leading university in Catalonia and in Europe, and it is well known for the quality of its teaching, its commitment to continuous training, and the excellence of its research, development, and innovation.
The ILR-URV exchange is with the Faculty of Business and Economics. The faculty of business and economics has been training specialists since 1988 in both economics and business. At the present there are 1,524 students, nearly 200 teachers and 32 administrative and service staff. The faculty offers undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees in areas such as Finance and Accounting, Business and Management, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and International Markets.
Program Terms and Dates
URV Academic Calendar (click on first option)*
*For fall applicants, note that arrangements can be made to complete exams in December.
Courses and Credits
Students have the option to take selected courses in English at the undergraduate level, and those with approved language skills may take undergraduate courses in Spanish. Additionally, all students must take at least one language course in Catalan or Spanish.
- Students must enroll in a full course load while abroad (equivalent to 15 credit hours). At URV, ILR students must enroll in four full-time courses during their semester abroad.
- Students must enroll in a Catalan or Spanish langauge course (multiple levels offered).
- Students can earn up to 15 ILR elective credits.
- Courses have to be approved for ILR elective credit.
- Students will receive credit for academic coursework completed abroad that is equivalent to a Cornell grade of "C."
- Students cannot take courses as Pass/Fail.
- All courses and grades will appear on the Cornell transcript in the same format as they are recorded on the original transcript generated by the host institution.
- Grades are not calculated in the overall GPA.
Tuition and Other Costs
- This exchange program is tuition-neutral (students pay regular tuition to the ILR School).
- Financial aid would apply; if you are currently receiving financial aid, your package would be adjusted based on your determined level of need and the projected costs of the program.
- ILR exchange students are responsible for the following expenses: passport, visa, airfare, room and board, transportation, course fees (if applicable), books, and personal expenses.
ILR undergraduate students interested in expanding their academic knowledge of Spain, international business, and economics may apply. In addition, ILR undergraduate students must
- have basic Spanish language proficiency (equivalent to two years of high school Spanish or at least one semester of college-level Spanish);
- have junior or senior standing;
- have all ILR core requirements completed;
- be in good standing with the ILR School and the University; and
- have a 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply
Application deadline for Spring 2020 study: September, 15th, 2019, by midnight.*
*Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
1. Make an appointment.
Interested students must meet with Tamara Ingram, Assistant Director ILR International Programs, to discuss plans and eligibility. To make an appointment, e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Complete online application (available August 1st).
You must log in with your NetID and password to access the application.
Please note that you can only apply the semester prior to your intended semester abroad.