People at ILR
Nellie BrownDirector of Workplace Health & Safety Programs
Lead Programs Manager
Nellie Brown, CIH, is a biologist, and chemist and certified industrial hygienist, specializing in occupational safety and health in her role as Director of Workplace Health and Safety Programs for ILR Extension. Since joining the Cornell faculty in 1986, she has provided on-site training and technical assistance services addressing workplace chemicals and biological agents; ergonomics; stress management; workplace violence; and indoor air quality, among other topics. All programs and services are available statewide.
Expert in a wide range of areas in the field, Nellie is the author of numerous occupational health hazard manuals, MSDS companion sheets, and articles. She has held several technical and scientific positions in the field, and was a certified lead inspector, a licensed wastewater treatment plant operator, and has been trained as an HIV/AIDS test counselor. Nellie has a B.A. in biology from SUNY at Buffalo, and earned a master's degree in multidisciplinary studies in natural sciences/applied science from SUNY College at Buffalo.
- Nellie J Brown. 1994. Accommodating the Allergic Employee in the Workplace. Ithaca NY, United States: Program on Employment and Disability, Cornell University, 1994.
Selected Works is a service of BePress Publishing that helps readers follow a scholar's most current work. View Selected Works of Nellie Brown
- Discussant. Presented to Worker Institute. Buffalo. 2018.
- WNYCOSH Safe Patient Handling. Presented to WNYCOSH. Bronx Psychiatric Hospital. 2017.
- Journeys End Conflict Resolution. Presented to WNYCOSH. Journeys End Buffalo NY. 2017.
- WNYCOSH Train the Trainer. Presented to WNYCOSH. Cornell in Buffalo, NY. 2017.
- Crisis Management. Presented to WNYCOSH. Buffalo Wire. 2017.