Matthew SalehResearch Associate
Matt Saleh is a research associate at the Yang-Tan Institute on Employment and Disability. His background and training is in law, political science, and education. At the Yang-Tan Institute, his current projects include implementation fidelity and the collaborative network study for the New York State PROMISE project, VR Youth Technical Assistance Center (Y-TAC), and ACCES-VR Comprehensive Needs Assessment.
- Matt Saleh, Leslie Shaw, Valerie B Malzer, Michelle Podolec. 2019. Interagency Collaboration in Transition to Adulthood: A Mixed Methods Approach to Identifying Promising Practices and Processes in the NYS PROMISE Project, Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation . 51(2):183-198.
- Matt Saleh, Leslie Shaw, Valerie Malzer, Michelle Podolec. 2019. Interagency collaboration in transition to adulthood: A mixed methods approach to identifying promising practices and processes in the NYS PROMISE project, Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation . 51(2):183-198. (DOI:10.3233/JVR-191037)
- Matt Saleh, Susanne Marie Bruyere. 2018. Leveraging Employer Practices in Global Regulatory Frameworks to Improve Employment Outcomes for People with Disabilities, Journal of Social Inclusion . 6 (DOI:DOI: 10.17645/si.v6i1.1201)
- Matt Saleh, Vicki Chang, Susanne Marie Bruyere, Timothy Vogus. . Chapter 3: Neurodiverse Applicant Screening, Interviewing, and Selection.
- Matt Saleh, Susanne Marie Bruyere. . Social policy and disability. in Oxford Handbook on the Sociology of Disability. Oxford/United Kingdom: Oxford University Press, Michelle Maroto. (Submitted)
- Matt Saleh, Michael Bernick. . Autism Hiring Programs and Interface with the Legal and Regulatory Environment. in SIOP Frontiers Neurodiversity Volume. Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Susanne Bruyere. (Revising to Resubmit)
- Matt Saleh, Vicki Chang, Susanne Marie Bruyere, Timothy Vogus. . Neurodiverse applicant screening, interviewing and selection. in Neurodiversity in the Workplace, Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology Frontiers of Research Series. Oxfordshire, UK: Francis Group Publishers, S. Bruyere & A. Colella. (Submitted)
- Matt Saleh, Susanne Marie Bruyere. . Social policy and disability. in The Oxford Handbook on the Sociology of Disability. Oxford, England: Oxford University Press, R. Brown, M. Maroto, and D. Pettinicchio . (Submitted)
- Susanne Marie Bruyere, Thomas P Golden, Matt Saleh. 2019. Employment Strategies for Older Adults. in Handbook of Rehabilitation of Older Adults. 2019. Izabela Schultz and Robert Gatchel.
- Matt Saleh, Susanne Marie Bruyere. 2019. Social Policy and Disability. in Understanding the experience of disability: Perspectives from social and rehabilitation psychology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2019. Dunn, D..
- Matt Saleh, Thomas P Golden, Ellice Switzer. 2019. U.S. employment and disability policy framework: Competing legislative priorities, challenges and strategies.. in Employment and Disability: Issues, Innovations and Opportunities. Champaign, IL, US: Labor and Employment Relations Association, 2019. Susanne M. Bruyere. (13-33)
- Thomas P Golden, Matt Saleh, Susanne Marie Bruyere. 2018. Disability Legislation Considerations for Rehabilitation Practitioners. in Medical Aspects of Disability for the Rehabilitation Professional . New York, NY: Springer, 2018. A. Moroz, S. Flanagan, and H. Zaretsky.
- Employer Practices for Retaining and Supporting Employees with Disabilities During COVID-19 and Economic Downturn. Presented to Cornell Institute for Health Futures. Ithaca, NY. 2021.
- Join a panel of professionals representing diverse fields, and get your questions about research answered! . Presented to Cornell Undergraduate Research Board. Ithaca, NY (virtual). 2021.
- Presented to St. John's University School of Law. 2021.
- Disability & Justice Involvement: Intersectional Considerations . Ithaca. 2020.
- Implications for Transition to Employment and Healthcare for Youth and Young Adults with Autism: Findings from a Scoping Review. Presented to CUNY. New York, NY. 2019.
Honors and Awards
- Magna cum laude (top 10% of class), Syracuse University College of Law. 2011
- Chancellor's Scholar (highest academic scholarship), Syracuse University College of Law. 2011