people / faculty
Evan RiehlAssistant Professor, Economics
Evan Riehl joined the ILR School in 2017 as an Assistant Professor of Economics. He holds a Ph.D. in economics from Columbia University and a B.A. from Washington University in St. Louis. His research is in labor economics with a focus on higher education.
- Evan Riehl, Meredith Welch. . Accountability, test prep incentives, and the design of math and English exams, Journal of Policy Analysis and Management .
- Nicolás de Roux, Evan Riehl. 2022. Disrupted academic careers: The returns to time off after high school, . 156(102824).
- Evan Riehl, Nicolás de Roux. 2022. Do college students benefit from placement into higher-achieving classes?, Journal of Public Economics . 210:104669.
- W Bentley MacLeod, Evan Riehl, Juan E Saavedra, Miguel Urquiola. 2017. The big sort: College reputation and labor market outcomes, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics . 9(3):223–261.
- Evan Riehl, Juan E. Saavedra, Miguel Urquiola. 2019. Learning and earning: An approximation to college value added in two dimensions. in Productivity in Higher Education. Chicago, IL USA: The University of Chicago Press, 2019. C. Hoxby and K. Stange. (105-132)