This is a small sample of the opportunities that were completed during past FEX cycles. Please note that sponsors vary from year to year. If you would like to learn more about the FEX program or our sponsors, please contact email@example.com with any questions. Please do NOT contact sponsors directly.
- Coalition of Labor Union Women, Washington, DC
Exposure to the world of foundations and non-profits and how to raise funds for these organizations
- Corporate Executive Board, Arlington, VA
Student had the opportunity to interact with various individuals from the Talent Management Operations Team which reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer. Exposed to work of the business side of the recruiting function
- Time Warner Cable – Channel 10, Palisades Park, NJ
Followed sports reporter and help them cover games and go out on stories. Meet staff members at channel 10 including on-air talent and producers
- National Labor Relations Board, Detroit, MI
Students observed affidavits, unfair labor practice hearings and information officer calls.
- IBM, White Plains, NY
Introduced to the HR field and the HR function at IBM. Met with senior leaders in IBM's HR function
- Merck & Company, West Point, PA
Opportunity to shadow an HR Business Partner for the day. HR Business Partners at Merck are generalist roles responsible for supporting approximately 300-500 employees at their site.
- Pepsi Bottling Group, Somers, NY
Meet with professionals and participate in activities in the following areas: Compensation and Benefits, Staffing, Diversity & Inclusion, and Leadership Development
- Schweizer Aircraft Corporation, Horseheads, NY
Observed day to day activities within the realm of human resources of an aerospace organization that employs approximately 650 bargaining unit members
- Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison LLP, New York, NY
Student observed resolving employee/manager disputes and participated in summarizing job reports
- International Center of Photography, New York, NY
Exposure to recruitment, benefits and other administrative activities
- Ambrose Employer Group, Manhattan, NY
Shadow various HR associates, observe new hire orientations meetings, assisting COBRA Administrator and assist the legal department with I-9 project.
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, New York, NY
Observed activities in processing year-end compensation adjustments.
- Kingsbrook Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Observe a number of labor grievance/bargaining sessions and any employee relations issues that arise
- Advent Software, San Francisco, CA
Activities involve exposure to any of the following departments: compensation, training and development, business partners, benefits and staffing
- AWISCO, Maspeth, NY
Shadowed the President
- First Student, Inc., Cincinnati, OH
Day to day working of corporate labor relations and HR departments. Exposure to grievance arbitration hearing and/or collective bargaining session
- Service Employees International Union Local 32BJ, New York, NY
Activities include internal meetings, meetings with workers and buildings and/or their work sites, exposure to the communications, research and political functions of the union
- Jackson Lewis LLP, Morristown, NJ
Listened to oral arguments in Appellate Court in New Jersey
- Bingham McCutchen Law Firm, Boston, MA
Listened to conference calls throughout the day and attended meetings
- Children's Rights Society, Goshen, NY
Observe court proceedings
- New York CityHuman Resources Administration, New York, NY
Activities range from observing administrative adjustments, court proceedings and various negotiations
- Schuman Sall & Geist, Pleasantville, NY
Observe court room activities
- New York Center for Law and Justice, Inc., New York, NY
Attend examinations before trials, court appearance, preparation of legal documents that assist clients and client contact
- Bendelow Law Firm, Denver, CO
Spend the day with attorney and observe their job
- National Labor Relations Board, Chicago, IL
Shadow an ILR alumnus and learn about major types of cases handled at NLRB (unfair labor practices, etc.).
Other Non Profit
- School of Labor and Industrial Relations at Michigan University, East Lansing, MI
Attend the Freshmen Seminar entitled 'Civil Rights in the Workplace'
- Volunteer Consulting Group, New York, NY
Observe board consultation and candidate interviews
Third Party Arbitration
- Bonnie Siber Weinstock, New York, NY