What’s the value of HR Studies courses?
As with other ILR courses, they provide hands-on experience through cases and projects, as well as opportunities to learn from instructors who are well-versed in both theory and practice. Recruiters and employers in business as well as other professions look for the types of skills that HR courses provide, including:
- Business knowledge
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
What courses can I take?
It all starts in the sophomore year with ILHR2600, the Human Resource Management principles course offered every semester.
After that, consider taking additional courses that provide more in-depth explorations of specific disciplines and topics. Here are some of the possibilities:
- ILRHR3650 Organizational Consulting
- ILRHR3670 Training and Development
- ILRHR4600 International Human Resource Management
- ILRHR4610 Working in the New Economy
- ILRHR4620 Staffing Organizations
- ILRHR4640 Business Strategy
- ILRHR4631 Compensation
- ILRHR4632 Finance for Human Resources
- ILRHR4670 Leadership Development
Learn More About the Program:
How do I Learn More?
Contact us to schedule a meeting with Undergraduate Admissions staff or order printed material.