Adding a Networked Printer to Your Computer for XP
1. Click on Start --> Printers and Faxes. Click Add a printer under Printer Tasks.
2. Click Next on the following three screens.
3. When the Find Printers dialogue appears, click on Find now.
4. A list of printers will appear at the bottom of the window. Scroll through the list until you find the printer you would like to add. Most printers are named by the department or room in which they reside. Select the printer by left-clicking on the printer name once; then, click on OK.
5. If you would like the new printer to be your default printer, click the appropriate radio button. Then, click Next.
6. A confirmation of the printer to be added will appear. Click Finish to complete the installation process, and the original Printers and Faxes window will appear. The current default printer will have a black check mark next to the printer name.
7. The default printer may be changed at any time by right clicking on the desired default printer’s name then selecting Set as Default Printer.