The ILR Review celebrates its 67th anniversary at the forefront of publishing peer-reviewed research on work and employment relations. The Review, published by SAGE Publications, is part of the Cornell University ILR School, which is regarded as the leading academic institution focused on the world of work.
We are dedicated to international and interdisciplinary research that advances new theory, presents novel empirical work, and informs organizational and public policy.
Current Issue – Volume 68, Number 5, October 2015
- The Impact of Franchising on Labor Standards Compliance
MinWoong Ji and David Weil
- Long Workweeks and Strange Hours
Daniel S. Hamermesh and Elena Stancanelli
- Individual Employment Rights Arbitration in the United States: Actors and Outcomes
Alexander J. S. Colvin and Mark D. Gough
- Labor Disputes and Job Flows
Henri Fraisse, Francis Kramarz, and Corinne Prost
- Returns to Apprenticeship Based on the 2006 Canadian Census
Morley Gunderson and Harry Krashinsky
- Are Foreign-Trained Nurses Perfect Substitutes for U.S.-Trained Nurses?
Neeraj Kaushal and Robert J. Kaestner
- Union Organizing Decisions in a Deteriorating Environment: The Composition of Representation Elections and the Decline in Turnout
- Dividing the Pie: Firm-Level Determinants of the Labor Share
Michael Siegenthaler and Tobias Stucki
- Do Geographical Mobility Requirements for the Unemployed Affect Their Exit Rate to Work? Evidence from a Policy Change
- What Unions No Longer Do. By Jake Rosenfeld. Reviewed by Barry Eidlin.
- Just Work: Narratives of Employment in the 21st Century. By Grant Michelson and Shaun Ryan. Reviewed by John W. Budd.
- The Third Globalization: Can Wealthy Nations Stay Rich in the Twenty-First Century? Edited by Dan Breznitz and John Zysman. Reviewed by Hiram Samel.
- Skills and Skilled Work: An Economic and Social Analysis. By Francis Green. Reviewed by Andrew Weaver.
- Voice and Involvement at Work: Experience with Non-Union Representation. Edited by Paul J. Gollan, Bruce E. Kaufman, Daphne Taras, and Adrian Wilkinson. Reviewed by Rafael Gomez.
- Trapped in America’s Safety Net: One Family’s Struggle. By Andrea Louise Campbell. Reviewed by Shawn Fremstad.
- Inside China’s Automobile Factories: The Politics of Labor and Worker Resistance. By Lu Zhang. Reviewed by Eli Friedman.
- Makeshift Work in a Changing Labour Market: The Swedish Model in the Post-Financial Crisis Era. Edited by Christina Garsten, Jessica Lindvert, and Renita Thedvall. Reviewed by Lars Magnusson.
INDICES TO VOLUME 68, 2015