Labor and Employment Arbitration Award Writing DR205
Not currently offered
This program currently has no scheduled dates.
A program designed for labor and employment law arbitrators, advocates in arbitration and other employment professionals.
This unique workshop will include:
- The legal path from appointment to award
- Early tactics that can make award-writing easier
- Structuring the award
- Writing and re-writing; suggestions for editing your initial draft
- The actual drafting and revision of two awards
- Challenges when writing a three-arbitrator panel award
- Strategies for making awards "vacatur-proof," and still giving the relief that is just
Two-hour pre-workshop preparation required. Each student will receive personal and detailed feedback on their draft awards.
Earl R. Pfeffer, Esq.
Leading the instruction is one of the nation’s most respected arbitrators. Earl is a full-time professional neutral who has written and lectured extensively on the topic.