Tips on Making the Most of a Career Fair
The following are examples of questions you could consider asking at the Career Fair. We've only listed a few, because we don't want all of you to ask the same questions, or the recruiters will think you''ve been programmed!
- What are the entry-level career opportunities for bachelor's (or master's) graduates with your organization? What does your organization look for in new hires?
- What kinds of summer experiences do you offer?
- What elective courses should I be taking?
- How important is graduate school for advancement in this field?
- What kinds of training opportunities are there for employees? Are there opportunities for cross-functional training? What about opportunities for professional development?
- Are there opportunities at the workplace to interact with other new recruits? Is there a mentoring program?
- How is this organization managing diversity in the workplace?
- How often are employees expected to relocate?
- How financially stable is the organization? Have there been layoffs, budget cuts, downsizing? Have there been any recent mergers or acquisitions affecting this employer?
- How would you describe the culture of the organization?
- What do you like most about working at your organization?
Additional ideas on preparing for your career fair visit are available from JobWeb.