- Researched principles of the regenerative economy and development, especially in application to the Buffalo Niagara region.
- Interviewed community leaders on various environmental campaigns and their impacts on the bioregion and human population.
- Used multimedia tools to document and tell the stories of the region's environment.
- Presided over story telling efforts to create a guide to Buffalo’s regenerative economy.
- Interviewed member organizations for multi-media journalism project.
“Before coming to Buffalo I didn’t even know what the regenerative economy was. The issues that the WNYEA is trying to tackle are vast and require many perspectives to solve. And regenerative practices that the organization advocates for call for holistic views. With each coming day I’m learning how my knowledge of labor, history, and social justice fits into the wider narrative of regeneration. Everything that I’ve studied has a place in this work—it’s just a matter of me finding how to use that to understand and contribute to the wider picture.” –From Ashni’s Reflection Journal