Collective Bargaining for Union Activists (LB410)
This introductory-level workshop is designed to develop the skills of union negotiators who do not have extensive experience in advancing a collective bargaining strategy and in conducting face-to-face negotiations at the bargaining table.
- The bargaining process, timing and procedures
- Bargaining techniques, strategies and tactics
- Maximizing effectiveness of the bargaining committee
- Reading the other side; articulating the members' needs; using the caucus
- Identifying the employer's pressure points
- Coordinating table tactics with membership support activities
Approach and Features
This live in-person workshop utilizes role plays, group discussions and a mock bargaining. Participants are given a variety of negotiating scenarios and learn various bargaining styles and strategies.
Benefits to You and Your Organization
Participants benefit from observing numerous bargaining styles and negotiate with participants from various unions and sectors. Participants can build their confidence and skill level in a safe environment and gain feedback on their approach.