Emily ZitekAssistant Professor
Emily Zitek joined the School of Industrial and Labor Relations as an Assistant Professor in 2012. She received her B.A. in psychology from Rice University in 2003 and her Ph.D. in social psychology from Stanford University in 2010. She conducts research aimed at understanding the sources and consequences of a person’s sense of entitlement. Her other research interests include gender issues, social hierarchy, stereotyping and prejudice, justice and morality, and sport psychology. Dr. Zitek also has training in statistics. She received a B.A. in statistics from Rice in 2003 and an M.S. in statistics from Stanford in 2008.
- Emily Zitek, Alexander H. Jordan. . Psychological Entitlement Predicts Failure to Follow Instructions, Social Psychological and Personality Science .
- Sebastian M Deri, Emily Zitek. . Did You Reject Me for Someone Else? Rejections That are Comparative Feel Worse, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin .
- Emily Zitek, Alexander H. Jordan. . Narcissism Predicts Support for Hierarchy (At Least When Narcissists Think They Can Rise to the Top), Social Psychological and Personality Science . 7(7):707-716. (DOI:10.1177/1948550616649241)
- Emily Zitek, Lynne Vincent. 2015. Deserve and Diverge: Feeling Entitled Makes People More Creative , Journal of Experimental Social Psychology . 56:242-248. (DOI:10.1016/j.jesp.2014.10.006)
- Emily Zitek, Benoît Monin. 2013. “That’s the one I wanted”: When do competitors copy their opponents’ choices?, Journal of Applied Social Psychology . 43(2):293–305.
- Alexander H Jordan, Emily Zitek. 2012. Marital status bias in perceptions of employees, Basic & Applied Social Psychology . 34(5):474-481.
- Emily Zitek, Larissa Z. Tiedens. 2012. The fluency of social hierarchy: The ease with which hierarchical relationships are seen, remembered, learned, and liked, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology . 102(1):98-115.
- Emily Zitek, Alexander H. Jordan. 2011. Technical fouls predict performance outcomes in the NBA , Athletic Insight . 13:29-39.
- Emily Zitek, Alexander H. Jordan, Benoît Monin, Frederick R. Leach. 2010. Victim entitlement to behave selfishly, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology . 98(2):245-255.
- Emily Zitek, Michelle R Hebl. 2007. The role of social norm clarity in the influenced expression of prejudice over time, Journal of Experimental Social Psychology . 43(6):867-876.