Christopher CollinsAssociate Professor and Director, CAHRS
Christopher J. Collins is an Associate Professor of Human Resource Management and Director of CAHRS in the ILR School at Cornell University. He earned his Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior and Human Resources from the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland.
Dr. Collins' teaches, conducts research, and does consulting in the areas of strategic human resource management, the role of HR practices and leadership in driving employee engagement, and the role of HR in driving firm innovation and knowledge creation. His research has been accepted for publication in the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Human Resource Management Review, and Human Performance. In addition, Dr. Collins serves on the editorial boards of the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, the Journal of Management, and Personnel Psychology.
He currently teaches courses in Human Resource Management, Organizational Consulting, and Business Strategy to masters and undergraduate students in the ILR School at Cornell University. Dr. Collins has taught executive development programs at Cornell University and the Society of Human Resource Management. He has also worked as a private HR consultant or conducted executive development programs to multiple Fortune 500 organizations and several startup organizations. His consulting work has primarily focused on talent management, employee engagement, and strategic HR planning.
Dr. Collins is a member of the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, and Society for Human Resource Management.
- Adam M Kanar, Christopher Collins, Bradford Bell. 2015. Changing an unfavorable employer reputation: the roles of recruitment message type and familiarity with employer, .
- Matthew Allen, Christopher Collins, Jeff A Ericksen. 2013. Human resource management, employee exchange relationships, and performance in small businesses, . 52(2):153-174.
- E McClean, Christopher Collins. 2011. High commitment HR practices, employee effort, and firm performance: Investigating the effects of HR practices across employee groups within professional services firms, . 50(3):341-364.
- Adam A Kanar, Christopher Collins, Bradford Bell. 2010. A comparison of the effects of positive and negative information on job seekers’ organizational attraction and attribute recall, . 23(3):193-212.
- Christopher Collins. 2007. Recruitment practices and product brand strength: An examination of when different recruitment strategies affect employment brand equity, . 92(1):180-190.
- Christopher Collins, Ken G Smith. 2006. Knowledge exchange and combination: The role of human resource practices in the performance of high technology firms, . 49(3):544-560.
- Ken G Smith, Christopher Collins, Kevin D Clark. 2005. Existing knowledge, knowledge creation capability and the rate of new product introduction in high technology firms, . 48(2):346-357.
- Quinetta Roberson, Christopher Collins, Shaul Oreg. 2005. The effects of recruitment message specificity on applicant attraction to organizations, . 19(3):319-339.
- Christopher Collins, Jian Han. 2004. Exploring applicant pool quantity and quality: The effects of early recruitment practice strategies, corporate advertising, and firm reputation, . 57(3):685-717.
- Christopher Collins, Paul J Hanges, Edwin A Locke. 2004. The relationship of need for achievement to entrepreneurship: A meta-analysis, . 17(1):95-117.
- Christopher Collins, Kevin D Clark. 2003. Strategic Human Resources Practices and Top Management Team Social Networks: An Examination of the Role of HR Practices in Creating Organizational Competitive Advantage, . 46(6):740-752.
- Scott Shane, Edwin A Locke, Christopher Collins. 2003. Entrepreneurial Motivation, . 13(2):257-279.
- Christopher Collins, Cynthia Kay Stevens. 2002. The relationship between early recruitment-related activities and the application decisions of new labor-market entrants: A brand equity approach to recruitment, . 87(6):1121-1133.
- Christopher Collins. . Alternative Systems of Human Resources Practices and Performance in Small Entrepreneurial Organizations. Oxford, (Accepted)
- Christopher Collins, Adam Kanar. . Employer Brand Equity and Recruitment Research. in Oxford Handbook of Recruitment. Oxford Press, Daniel Cable and Trevor Yu. (Accepted)
- Christopher Collins. 2013. Human Resource Management Strategies. in Encyclopedia of Management Theory. Sage , 2013. Eric Kessler. (Accepted)
- K D Clark, Christopher Collins. 2005. Strategic human resource management of top management team social networks: Controlling executive relationships for enhanced organizational performance. in Encyclopaedia of Executive Governance. Paris: European School of Management Press, 2005. J Duval-Hamel, F Bournois.
- Christopher Collins, M Allen, S S Snell. 2004. Entrepreneurial human resource strategy. in Entrepreneurship Encyclopedia. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2004. M A Hitt.
- K D Clark, Christopher Collins. 2002. Strategic Decision Making in High Velocity Environments: A Theory Revisited and a Test. in Creating Value: Winners in the New Business Environment. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2002. M A Hitt, R Amit, C Lucier, R D Nixon.
- Christopher Collins. 2001. Employment brand equity and the changing needs of employees. in Linking Employee Evolution to the HR Revolution. Newark NJ: The Prudential Insurance Company of America, 2001.
- M S Taylor, Christopher Collins. 2000. Strategic Recruitment. in I/O Psychology: Practice and Theory Book. Oxford: Blackwell Publishers, 2000. C L Cooper, E A Locke.
- J Sovina, Christopher Collins. 2003. The effects of organizational brand equity on employment brand equity and recruitment outcomes. Academy of Management Conference Proceedings, 2003.
- J Han, Christopher Collins. 2002. The effects of company recruitment practices on job seekers’ perceived employment brand equity and intentions to pursue job opportunities. Academy of Management Conference Proceedings, 2002.
- Christopher Collins, C K Stevens. 1999. Recruitment and job choice: The effects of early recruitment practices on the decision to apply. Academy of Management Conference Proceedings, 1999.
Selected Works is a service of BePress Publishing that helps readers follow a scholar's most current work. View Selected Works of Christopher Collins