NCP at OECD: Is Social Dialogue Part of Fashion's Post-COVID Cure?
On February 2, 2020, Cornell University's New Conversations Project and the Strategic Partnership for Garment Supply Chain Transformation (Fair Wear Foundation, CNV Internationaal, and Mondiaal FNV) led a session at the OECD's Forum on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector.
The session - Is Social Dialogue Part of Fashion's Post-COVID Cure? - shared results from NCP's Social Dialogue in the 21st Century Project, specifically related to how the COVID-19 pandemic has been an unprecedented 'stress test' on social dialogue systems globally and how social dialogue was (or was not) used in response to the crisis. The Synthesis and Country reports upon which the session was based are available here.
- Samuel Andreas Admasie, Researcher at the International Institute of Social History and author of the Ethiopia Report
- Thet Hnin Aung, General Secretary Myanmar Industries, Craft & Services Trade Unions Federation (MICS)
- Joy Roeterdink, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Suitsupply
- Jason Judd, Executive Director New Conversations Project
- Tina Rogers, Fair Wear Foundation (moderator)
A recording of the session is available below: