• Created a universal course outline template that can be used for any one- to three-hour civic education course.
• Completed research on high school civic education requirements across the country to identify gaps in the curriculum in order to empower young adults to vote and get involved in their own communities.
• Wrote pitches to market civic education courses to high schools, block clubs, and non-profit organizations.
• Taught a course across two days to 4-H Youth CAN participants on Buffalo and local government, how to get involved in one’s own community, and how to effect change on an issue.
• Edited and updated local government fact sheets on PPG’s website to reflect newly elected representatives.BUFFALO HIGHLIGHT
Attending the Bisons game with the High Road cohort even though none of us knew anything about baseball, plus the birthday party that the High Roaders threw for me which was extremely thoughtful.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT
The workshops: one with John Washington from PUSH Buffalo who talked about inequity and the poetry workshop with Aitina Fareed Cooke.INTERESTS
Urban agriculture, animal agriculture, food systems, youth development, popular/informal education, agricultural education, urban sociology, demography.CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL SKILLS
Public speaking, creating presentations, teaching/leading classrooms, time management and planning, engaging the public. Makeup, baking, gardening.BLOG POST