Sidney Malia Waite
• Experienced grassroots campaigns and projects firsthand.
• Created foundational documents for the organization including a financial procedures policy and a personnel policy.
• Learned about Black Land Liberation and researched land trusts as a method for reparations.
• Participated in board recruitment for the organization and a hiring process for a new AmeriCorps volunteer.
• Wrote a successful media advisory for a community update regarding the progress and future of the Land Trust.
• Worked on outreach to the Fruit Belt neighborhood community.
• Participated in an Advocacy Institute workshop to learn about NYS government and strategies to organize and advance policy.BUFFALO HIGHLIGHT
The weather and the abundance of art and murals all around the city.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT
The Friday we did a poetry workshop with Atina Fareed Cooke (“A.I. the Anomaly”).INTERESTS
Social justice, civil rights law, film - documentaries.CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL SKILLS