• Analyzed discharge evaluations to determine what barriers prevent CEO participants from completing programming.
• Worked with the Cornell Project for Records Assistance to develop resources on the employment rights of the formerly incarcerated and presented to CEO participants.
• Created and taught workshops to support the mental health of program participants.
• Spent time job coaching, which included helping to write and edit resumes for program participants and conducted mock interviews.
• Wrote a concept paper for the WNY Foundation Capacity Building Grant. • Represented CEO at a number of various coalition and public meetings.BUFFALO HIGHLIGHT
Going on a public art tour in which we went to multiple parts of Buffalo and learned the history behind some of its most prolific murals.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT
Wednesday night dinners with Micaela Lipman when we learned about community organizing and action. I have a background in activism but learned so, so much from her!INTERESTS
How identity informs our understandings of justice, equity, and activism, creating community-based jobs for folks with criminal backgrounds, and fighting inequality in education.CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL SKILLS
Ability to write for and in various mediums, public speaking, Coalition Building. Ability to make tasty vegetarian/vegan food and oublic transport expert.BLOG POST