• Helped facilitate a bank regulator visit to the East side of Buffalo with representatives from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, New York Department of Financial Services and BNCRC coalition members.
• Interviewed BNCRC member organizations and learned what different assets, strengths and views they brought to the coalition.
• Created a research report encompassing the history of the Community Reinvestment Act, redlining, and the work of the BNCRC.
• Helped create social media pages and a website for the BNCRC.
• Wrote an op-ed arguing for banks to invest in traditionally redlined communities for economic and moral reasons.BUFFALO HIGHLIGHT
Going to the Allentown Arts Festival with the other Fellows.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT
Tie: Getting to work with Steve Halpern at the Law Centerand brunch at Sean Ryan and Cathy Creighton’s house.INTERESTS
Cooking, nutrition, weightlifting, yoga, violin, Buffalo sports, German Shepherds.CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL SKILLS
Research, public speaking, and Microsoft Suite. Describing various cheeses, charcuterie boards, and oysters to guests at the Grange Community Kitchen.BLOG POST