• Developed a new recruitment plan for the volunteer and internship program. This included new on-boarding and retainment policies.
• Researched and compiled a database of area colleges, community organizations, and other potential sources of interns and volunteers in the local community focusing on new teaching academies and relevant programs.
• Served as a teaching assistant for the youth arts and adult workforce programs in collaboration with teaching artists.
• Updated and enhanced the organization’s web site.
• Learned how to better use social media for the visibility and advocacy of a nonprofit organization.BUFFALO HIGHLIGHT
How much there is to do in Buffalo. Walking around Delaware Park a couple times was beautiful. Thankfully, there was a lot of good weather.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHT
The community organizing lessons taught by Micaela Lipman on Wednesdays. There was a lot to be learned, and it was engaging.INTERESTS
Outside of academics, reading and also debating with Cornell’s Worlds Debate team.CONVENTIONAL AND UNCONVENTIONAL SKILLS
Learned about the importance of power mapping. Also, how to cook for myself and plan meals for a week.BLOG POSTS