About the Event
The ILR Labor Roundtable is an annual event that brings a wide range of representatives in labor leadership, unions, and social justice organizations to campus to engage in dynamic, in-depth conversations with students. Through these discussions, students gain exposure to current trends in the labor movement and the fundamental role that it plays in bringing about social change.
The 2020 Labor Roundtable will be held in two separate sessions via Zoom. Each session will feature a different group of labor leaders, and students are welcome to attend one or both session. Please register for the session(s) you wish to attend using the links below (if you plan to attend both, you must complete both registration forms).
The event is open to students from all colleges and degree programs, as well as students from TC3 and Ithaca College. For questions about this year's program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Friday, December 4, 2020
Session 1, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Register here >
- Peter Zschiesche, Board Member, United Taxi Workers of San Diego
- Jordan Wells BSILR ’07, Staff Attorney, ACLU Foundation of Southern California
- Cristina von Spiegelfeld, Senior Counsel, National Labor Relations Board (DC)
- Jeffrey Vogt JD ’99, Rule of Law Director, Solidarity Center
- Gurchaten Sandhu, Non-Discrimination and Equal Pay Programme Officer, International Labour Organization
- Fabiola Mieres, Technical Officer in Labour Migration, International Labour Organization
- Mikaiil Hussein, President, United Taxi Workers of San Diego
- Alma Henderson, Lead Counsel for Internal Governance, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Luis “Lucho” Gomez, Organizing Director, The New York New Jersey Regional Joint Board, Workers United, SEIU
- Richard Edelman BSILR ’75, Partner, Mooney, Green, Saindon, Murphy & Welch
- Lupita Aguila Arteaga, Lead Organizer, Residential Division, SEIU Local 1 (Chicago)
Session 2, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Register here >
- Randi Weingarten BSILR ’80, President, American Federation of Teachers
- Paul Schulman, Director of Finance, Fair Food Program/ Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Sean Sansiveri BSILR ’05, Business, Legal, Health & Safety, NFL Players Association
- Tamara Lunan, Organizer, United for Respect
- Dave Katzman, Research and Communications, Transit Workers Union AFL-CIO Local 100 (New York City)
- Maria Garza, Senior Organizer, United for Respect
- Cecilia Behgam, Strategic Researcher, Economic Power and Growth, AFL-CIO
- Cordelia Anthony, President, Farmingdale Federation of Teachers
- John Amman MS ILR ’90, Business Representative, IATSE Local 600, International Cinematographers Guild