Applications must be submitted by both the participant and his or her organizational sponsor. Forms are available online and can also be obtained by contacting the Institute's office.
Who Should Apply?
- The Institute is looking for top-level staff and elected leaders who currently hold positions of significant responsibility within their unions.
- The sponsoring organization’s commitment to its nominee’s leadership development is a critical factor for admission.
- Organizations are strongly encouraged to sponsor two or more candidates for admission at the same time. Sponsors benefit as their participants share the experience and together apply acquired skills and knowledge.
How are leaders enrolled?
- Participants must be nominated by their union or central labor body.
- The Institute welcomes applications from all labor organizations in New York State.
- The application deadline for the entering class is April 30. Admissions and scholarship decisions for the new class are made during May.
- A new Institute class enters each July.