The following introductory courses are taken during the first four semesters of enrollment in the ILR school. Although students (especially transfer students) are not necessarily required to take these courses in the order shown here, it is strongly recommended.
- First-Year Writing Courses (2)
- ILR Colloquium: Introduction to the ILR School (ILRID 1500)
- Introduction to Organizational Behavior (ILROB 1220)
- Introduction to U.S. Labor History (ILRLR 1100)
- Introductory Microeconomics (ECON 1110)
- Introductory Macroeconomics (ECON 1120)
- Introductory Statistics (ILRST 2100)*
- Labor and Employment Law (ILRLR 2010)
- Human Resource Management (ILRHR 2600)
- Labor Relations (ILRLR 2050) *formerly known as Collective Bargaining - title change effective Fall 2015
- Economics of Wages and Employment (ILRLE 2400)
- Advanced Writing
*Transfer students who have completed a statistics course elsewhere will need to seek department approval for that course to be considered an equivalent to ILRST 2100.