Spring 2020 Calendar of Events
We plan to follow the schedule and procedures listed below in handling applications for Spring 2020 internships.
- Wednesday, September 11th - Student Internship Information Meeting - 4:30pm, 215 Ives Hall.
- Thursday, September 12th - Friday, September 27th - Arrange to meet with Brigid Beachler to discuss questions, plans, etc. Sign-up sheets located on bulletin board outside of 119 Ives Hall.
- Tuesday, September 17th - ILR Career Fair - The 32nd Annual ILR Career Fair focuses on corporate human resources, labor relations, HR consulting, and other opportunities. The Career Fair will be held in the Carrier Ballroom of the Statler Hotel from 10am-3pm. Professional attire please.
- Thursday, September 19th - Mock interview Marathon, ILR Career Services, 1:30pm-4:30pm, 201 Ives Hall
- Friday, September 20th- Mock interview Marathon, ILR Career Services, 9am-4:30pm, 201 Ives Hall
- Wednesday, September 25th - Compensation Advisory Partners Interviews: Please see Brigid Beachler to sign up for an interview. Please note: CAP's accelerated timeline will require that you submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, September 20th. All interviews will be in 181 Ives Hall (faculty wing).
- Wednesday, October 2nd - Deadline for Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship- The U.S. Department of State's Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic competitiveness. The Gilman Scholarship Program broadens the student population that studies and interns abroad by supporting undergraduates who might not otherwise participate due to financial constraints. The program aims to encourage students to study and intern in a diverse array of countries and world regions. To apply, please find the application at: https://gilmanapplication.iie.org/
- Friday, October 4th - Deadline for submission of Internship Applications for Spring 2020. Note: Some internships, because of sponsor requirements or scheduled interviews, may have a different deadline. Please check with Brigid Beachler with specific questions.
- Monday, October 7th - Walt Disney Info Session: Representatives from Walt Disney World will be on campus to provide detailed informaton on interning at Walt Disney - 5pm, 116 Ives Hall.
- Monday, October 7th- Friday, October 11th - Students make site selections and file requests by emailing a list of at least 5 sites they are interested in applying for with Managing Director Brigid Beachler at email@example.com by Friday, October 11th. Students can review sponsor lists online using Sharepoint. Please request access to Sharepoint from Brigid Beachler or Miguelina Tabar.
- Tuesday, October 8th-Wednesday, October 9th - Walt Disney Interviews: Please see Brigid Beachler or Miguelina Tabar to sign up for an interview slot. Please note, Disney's accelerated timeline will require that you submityour Credit Internship Application by Thursday, October 3rd. All interviews will be in 199 Ives Hall (faculty wing)
- Tuesday, October 8th- Orientation for admitted students - 4:30pm, 116 Ives Hall. We will discuss the recruitment and interview process, professional etiquette and programmatic questions.
- Monday, October 14th - Applications of students who have been approved will be forwarded to internship site sponsors with a request that they notify us within six weeks regarding their selections of students for available assignments.
- Thursday, October 17th - Global Foundries Info Session: Alumni representatives will be on campus to provide detailed information on interning at Global Foundries - Time and Location TBD.
- Friday, October 18th -Global Foundries Interviews: Please see Brigid Beachler to sign up for an interview slot. Interview location TBD.
- Thursday, October 24th - Intern Mix & Mingle: Join former ILR Credit Interns for pizza & wings to discuss the internship program. Ask questions, get advice on specific internships, and hear more about the experiences of former intern, 5-6:30pm, 116 Ives Hall.
- Friday, October 25th -New York State Senate Application Deadline: Please submit your online application for the NYS Senate by 5pm. The application can be found online at https://www.nysenate.gov/student-programs For more information, please contact Brigid Beachler.
- Friday, November 15th - ILR Labor Roundtable - The 17th Annual ILR Labor Roundtable focuses on careers and internship opportunities in the union movement and in social justice organizations. The Roundtable will be held in the Carrier Ballroom, Statler Hotel, 1-5pm. Pre-registration required.
- Friday, December 13th - Mandatory Orientation Session for all Spring 2020 interns, 12pm, 116 Ives (lunch provided)
The schedule established requires that students interested in internships for Spring 2020 submit applications and make choices about internship sites of interest to them early in the semester. This process will leave the last half of the semester to complete the student-site matching process and the interviews and visits often necessary to finalize decisions regarding placements. Under School policy, intern applications cannot be referred to site sponsors until they have been approved. Students who miss the application deadline will fall behind in the process and may have to settle for whatever sites are still available.
Students who apply on schedule and select at least five sites will still be eligible to apply for any new internships offered afterOctober 11th provided they have not already accepted an existing intern position. Announcements of new internship opportunities will be posted on the Internship Bulletin Board outside of 119 Ives Hall, on the Credit Internship Facebook page and on Chatter!
The Catherwood Library has put together several new options for library access for off-campus ILR credit interns. More information can be found here.
Related ILR & Cornell Sites